We understand the heartache of addiction and are here to ensure that you are well informed, feel taken care of and ready to begin the healing journey.
Admission into Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centre Program begins with contacting us. You or your loved one does NOT have to be referred by a doctor or other clinical professional in order to be admitted.
During your initial contact with us, we will get a understanding of your unique issues and requirements; explain all aspects of the services we provide and the various options for treatment; discuss costs and payment options; and address any other questions on your mind.
Treatment unique to your needs
To serve the varying needs of clients we operate two residential facilities and an outpatient clinic. Trafalgar Erin Ontario, Trafalgar Rice Lake Ontario and Trafalgar Outpatient Toronto. Each of our centres have their own distinct treatment programs in order to facilitate different levels of treatment intensity.
- At our Erin addiction rehab we offer mental health intensive programming that is most suitable for those struggling with underlying, psychological issues fuelling the addiction; such as: trauma, chronic/severe depression, or anxiety.
- Programming at our Rice Lake addiction rehab is ideal for those that are more psychologically stable but in need of confronting their addiction issues specifically.
- Trafalgar Outpatient Addiction Treatment Centre offers treatment for addiction and concurrent mental health disorders; based on a client’s needs schedule and budget.
At all our centres we adhere to the guiding principle of providing a holistic, client-centred, comprehensive treatment protocol. We will help you determine the best treatment program and Trafalgar facility for your needs.
Contact us with confidence. The primary goal of our admissions advisors is to provide all the information needed to make the best decision possible in treating you or a loved ones addiction problem.
The first step to recovery is to connect with one of our caring and compassionate admissions advisors.
To participate in Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres Treatment, you must be:
- At least 18 years old
- Medically and physically stable to participate in treatment
- Motivated to participate in your own recovery
Prior to admission to Trafalgar, a confidential assessment call is conducted. The purpose of the call is to assess you or your loved one’s situation with respect to addiction, physical and emotional health as well as ability to commit to treatment. If you agree, we may also speak to your physician and/or therapist in order to best plan your treatment. After we understand the issues you or a loved one face, we will advise you on the most suitable Trafalgar facility and treatment program to address your needs.
Although we are uniquely qualified to deal with most addiction and underlying mental health issues, we cannot address the following:
- Active and untreated psychosis
- Sex offenders
- Severe brain injury
- Active or unmanaged self-harm
- Active or unmanaged violence or aggression
- Individual unable to live in a community setting
We care about your unique situation. Our goal is to help guide you to the solutions that will enable long-term, successful recovery.
Residential Addiction Rehabilitation
We recognize the significance of timing in recovery and therefore aim to have you or a loved one admitted within a day or two of the pre-admission assessment. Once admission has been confirmed, we require a deposit to hold a bed for the agreed upon admission date. The remainder of the payment is payable prior to arrival.
WHAT TO BRING
- Provincial Health Card
- Comfortable Clothing
- A 30-day supply of all of your prescribed medications (in the original bottles with pharmacy label)
- Fitness Gear (shorts, running shoes, etc.)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, etc)
- Appropriate seasonal outerwear (rain gear, snow boots, jackets, etc)
- Money for incidentals (to be kept in a safe)
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Clothing suggestive of alcohol or drug use or clothing that promotes sexism, racism or homophobia
- Drug paraphernalia
- Mouthwash or other toiletries containing alcohol, including cologne
- Cameras or video equipment
- Laptops and tablets
- Heating pad or electric blankets
- Weapons, including pocket knives
- Valuable jewelry or expensive clothing
Outpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
Once you contact us, our admissions advisors will structure a treatment program tailored to your specific needs, schedule, and budget. Upon registration, admission into our Outpatient program can usually occur immediately.
Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres Nonviolent Policy
Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres observes a zero-seclusion and restrict policy in all treatment centres and it’s administrative office. Clients of any location the agency operates are assumed that they will not be restricted physically, spatially or pharmacologically by employees at any time during their stay.
In cases where the development of a violent potentially violent situations occurs and an individual’s behaviour is deemed to be threatening to themselves or other clients of the centre, clinically trained staff of the agency will utilize nonviolent crisis intervention and deescalation techniques as their primary method of intervention.
In cases where nonviolent crisis intervention and deescalation techniques are unsuccessful, emergency measures will be enacted which involve the support of emergency services personnel to resolve the situation while upholding the safety of all clients and staff of the location.