Your recovery journey at Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres starts with admission process.
After you have chose to receive addiction treatment at Trafalgar, we will send you an e-intake form to fill out. An e-intake form that you will fill out will be used for development of your personalized addiction treatment program and meeting all your needs if you have such.
Admission into Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centre Program begins with contacting us. You or your loved one does NOT have to be referred by a doctor or other clinical professional in order to be admitted.
During your initial contact with us, we will establish an understanding of your unique issues and requirements; explain all aspects of the services we provide and the various options for treatment; discuss costs and payment options; and address any other questions on your mind. We will help you to choose treatment program that will address all your needs.
Addiction Treatment Unique To Your Needs
To serve the varying needs of clients we operate two residential facilities and an outpatient clinic. Each of our centres have their own distinct treatment programs in order to facilitate different levels of treatment intensity.
- At our West rehab centre, in Erin, Ontario, we offer mental health intensive programming that is most suitable for those struggling with severe underlying, psychological issues fuelling the addiction, such as: trauma, chronic/severe depression, or anxiety.
- Programming at our East rehab centre, in Gores Landing, Ontario, is ideal for those that require psychological help but are in need of more intensive addiction-specific treatment.
- Trafalgar Outpatient rehab centre, in midtown Toronto, Ontario, offers treatment for addiction and concurrent mental health disorders; based on a client’s needs, schedule and budget.
Accredited, Evidence-based Addiction Treatment
All our centres we adhere to the guiding principle of providing an evidence-based, holistic, client-centred treatment protocol. We will help you determine the best treatment program and Trafalgar facility for your needs.
Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres is CARF accredited. CARF accreditation demonstrates to customers that an organization is committed to reducing risk, addressing health and safety concerns, respecting cultural and individual preferences, and providing the best possible quality of care.
Contact us with confidence. The primary goal of our admissions advisors is to provide all the information needed to make the best decision possible in treating your or your loved one’s addiction.
To participate in Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres’ Treatment, you must be:
- At least 18 years old
- Medically and physically stable enough to participate in treatment
- Motivated to participate in your own recovery
Prior to admission to Trafalgar, a confidential assessment call is conducted. The purpose of the call is to assess you or your loved one’s situation with respect to addiction, physical and emotional health, and ability to commit to treatment. If you agree, we may also speak to your physician and/or therapist in order to best plan your treatment. After we understand the issues you or a loved one face, we will advise you on the most suitable Trafalgar facility and treatment program to address your needs.
Although we are uniquely qualified to deal with most addiction and underlying mental health issues, we cannot address the following:
- Active and untreated psychosis
- Sex offenders
- Severe brain injury
- Active or unmanaged self-harm
- Active or unmanaged violence or aggression
- Individuals unable to live in a community setting
We care about your unique situation. Our goal is to help guide you to the solutions that will enable long-term, successful recovery.
We recognize the significance of timing in recovery and therefore aim to have you or your loved one admitted within 48 hours of the pre-admission assessment. Once admission has been confirmed, we require a deposit to hold a bed for the agreed upon admission date. The remainder of the payment is payable prior to arrival.
WHAT TO BRING
- Provincial Health Card
- Comfortable Clothing
- A 30-day supply of all of your prescribed medications (in the original bottles with pharmacy label)
- Fitness Gear (shorts, running shoes, etc.)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, etc.)
- Appropriate seasonal outerwear (rain gear, snow boots, jackets, etc.)
- Money for incidentals (to be kept in a safe)
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Clothing suggestive of alcohol or drug use or clothing that promotes sexism, racism or homophobia
- Drug paraphernalia
- Mouthwash or other toiletries containing alcohol, including cologne
- Cameras or video equipment
- Laptops and tablets
- Heating pad or electric blankets
- Weapons, including pocket knives
- Valuable jewelry or expensive clothing
Once you contact us, our admissions advisors will structure a treatment program tailored to your specific needs, schedule, and budget. Upon registration, admission into our outpatient program can usually occur immediately.
Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres observes a zero-seclusion and restrict policy in all treatment centres and it’s administrative office. Clients of any of the Trafalgar’s locations are assured that they will not be restricted physically, spatially or pharmacologically by employees at any time during their stay.
In cases where the development of a violent or potentially violent situation occurs and an individual’s behaviour is deemed to be threatening to themselves or other clients of the centre, clinically trained staff of the agency will utilize nonviolent crisis intervention and deescalation techniques as their primary method of intervention.
In cases where nonviolent crisis intervention and deescalation techniques are unsuccessful, emergency measures will be enacted which involve the support of emergency services personnel to resolve the situation while upholding the safety of all clients and staff at the location.