Our Admission Process
Your recovery journey at Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres starts with our fast and easy admission process.
Admission into Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centre Program begins with contacting us.
- No Need for Referral: You or your loved one does NOT have to be referred by a doctor or other clinical professional to be admitted.
- E-intake Form: After you have chosen to receive addiction treatment at Trafalgar, we will send you an e-intake form to fill out. This e-intake form will be used for the development of your personalized addiction treatment program and meeting all your needs if you have such.
- Tailored to You: During your initial contact with us, we will establish an understanding of your unique issues and requirements; explain all aspects of the services we provide and the various options for treatment; discuss costs and payment options; and address any other questions on your mind.
We will help you choose the treatment program that will address all your needs.
To participate in Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres’ Treatment, you must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- Medically and physically stable enough to participate in treatment.
- Motivated to participate in the recovery.
Confidential Assessment Call
Before admission to Trafalgar, a confidential assessment call is conducted.
The purpose of the call is to assess you or your loved one’s situation for addiction, physical and emotional health, and the ability to commit to treatment. If you agree, we may also speak to your physician and/or therapist to best plan your treatment.
After we understand the issues you or your loved one face, we will advise you on the most suitable Trafalgar facility and treatment program to address your needs.
We recognize the significance of timing in recovery and therefore aim to have you or your loved one admitted into:
Outpatient Rehab: Immediately.
Virtual Addiction Rehab Program: Immediately.
Choosing The Facility & Treatment Unique To Your Needs
To serve the varying needs of our clients, we operate:
- a residential facility in Ontario,
- an outpatient clinic in midtown Toronto
- and a virtual addiction rehab program you can access from the safety of your home.
Each of our centres has its own distinct treatment programs in order to facilitate different levels of treatment intensity.
A Long-Term, Successful Recovery
We care about your unique situation.
Our goal is to help guide you to the solutions that will enable long-term, successful recovery.
This is why we offer Canada’s most comprehensive “accredited & evidence-based” addiction treatment.
Accredited, Evidence-based Addiction Treatment
Our centres adhere to the guiding principle of providing an evidence-based, holistic, client-centred treatment protocol. We will help you determine the best treatment program and Trafalgar facility for your needs.
Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres is CARF accredited. CARF accreditation demonstrates to customers that an organization is committed to reducing risk, addressing health and safety concerns, respecting cultural and individual preferences, and providing the best possible quality of care.
Contact us with confidence. The primary goal of our admissions advisors is to provide all the information needed to make the best decision possible in treating your or your loved one’s addiction.
Once admission has been confirmed, we require a deposit to hold a bed for the agreed-upon admission date. The remainder of the payment is payable prior to arrival.
💡 Learn more about our Residential Addiction Rehab Treatment.
✅ What to Bring? (Residential Admission)
- Provincial Health Card
- Comfortable Clothing
- A 30-day supply of all of your prescribed medications (in the original bottles with pharmacy label)
- Fitness Gear (shorts, running shoes, etc.)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, etc.)
- Appropriate seasonal outerwear (rain gear, snow boots, jackets, etc.)
- Money for incidentals (to be kept in a safe)
🚫 What Not to Bring (Residential Admission)
- Clothing suggestive of alcohol or drug use or clothing that promotes sexism, racism or homophobia
- Drug paraphernalia
- Mouthwash or other toiletries containing alcohol, including cologne
- Cameras or video equipment
- Laptops and tablets
- A heating pad or electric blankets
- Weapons, including pocket knives
- Valuable jewellery or expensive clothing
Once you contact us, our admissions advisors will structure a treatment program tailored to your specific needs, schedule, and budget.
Upon registration, admission into our outpatient program can usually occur immediately.
💡 Learn more about our Outpatient Addiction Treatment.
Virtual Addiction Rehab Admission
After contacting us, you can start our 4-week, intensive Virtual Addiction Rehab program immediately.
You only need a computer or smartphone with an Internet connection to start your therapy in the comfort of your home, at your convenience.
💡 Learn more about our Virtual Addiction Rehab Program
We Do Not Address The Following
Although we are uniquely qualified to deal with most addiction and underlying mental health issues, we cannot address the following:
- Active and untreated psychosis
- Sex offenders
- Severe brain injury
- Active or unmanaged self-harm
- Active or unmanaged violence or aggression
- Individuals unable to live in a community setting
Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres observes a zero-seclusion and restrict policy in all treatment centres and it’s administrative office.
Clients of any of the Trafalgar’s locations are assured that they will NOT be restricted:
- pharmacologically by employees at any time during their stay.
In cases where the development of a violent or potentially violent situation occurs and an individual’s behaviour is deemed to be threatening to themselves or other clients of the centre, clinically trained staff of the agency will utilize nonviolent crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques as their primary method of intervention.
In cases where nonviolent crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques are unsuccessful, emergency measures will be enacted which involve the support of emergency services personnel to resolve the situation while upholding the safety of all clients and staff at the location.