We are honoured you have considered us as an addiction treatment provider and we will go to great lengths to ensure that your time with us is as effective as possible.
CARF-Accredited Addiction Treatment Centres
Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres is CARF-accredited. CARF is the international mark of quality in the field of mental health and addiction treatment.
For individuals and families who are affected by addiction, Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres provides a foundation for helping clients to transform their lives and become better versions of themselves.
We understand the struggles you’ve endured and the pain your family has gone through, and we will do whatever it takes to get you back on track. Our comprehensive treatment programs follow a highly effective philosophy that focuses on client-centred care above all else. Our unique treatment options are more effective than other treatment centres.
- Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres operates two residential facilities and an outpatient clinic. All our facilities adhere to our guiding principle of providing a holistic, comprehensive treatment protocol. Core to all programming at Trafalgar is our focus on treating the underlying mental health issues fuelling the addiction.
- Trafalgar West is nestled on 13 acres of woodland property, just west of Toronto, and is ideally situated for maximum comfort and confidentiality.
- Trafalgar East is a beautifully restored Victorian mansion, located on the shores of Rice Lake near Peterborough, ON. At Trafalgar East, clients have the opportunity to leave the residence daily to receive treatment at our Port Hope campus.
- Trafalgar Outpatient rehab centre, in midtown Toronto Ontario, offers treatment for addiction and concurrent mental health disorders, based on a client’s needs, schedule and budget.
We will help you select the most suitable Trafalgar rehab centre and treatment program for your needs.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Rehab
Be wary of addiction treatment centres that promote “guarantees”. No one can guarantee recovery. What makes us one of the leading Canadian treatment centres is the fact that we provide a solid foundation for recovery and are there to support clients if they encounter problems once they leave our care.
Our dedicated team of therapists will provide a comprehensive and unparalleled treatment program that will also help you:
- Take ownership of your addiction and become responsible for your own behaviour, allowing you to accept your recovery and move forward as a more confident and stronger person
- Repair and fortify relationships with your loved ones, while developing the skills to build meaningful relationships with others as you continue your recovery
- Regain control over your life and foster the ability to make adaptive decisions throughout your recovery regarding your life and the lives of your loved ones
What Sets Trafalgar Apart
Trafalgar is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. CARF is the international mark of excellence in addiction treatment.
Mental Health Focus
At Trafalgar we treat the whole person, not just their addiction. Our evidence-based treatment ensures that we address underlying mental health issues alongside addiction, treating them as concurrent disorders.
Our treatment program is structured and overseen by our Senior Clinical Advisor, Clinical Psychologist Dr. Christine Courbasson. Dr. Courbasson is one of the most esteemed figures in Canadian addiction treatment.
Our clinicians are qualified to at least Master’s level. They are members of various professional colleges and associations.
Individual Therapy Sessions
Clients receive three sessions of individual therapy each week with our highly-qualified therapists.
We provide residential clients with a full psychiatric assessment and ongoing follow-up for medication management as necessary throughout the program.
As a result of the mental health focus of our treatment, our programs are HST-exempt.
We provide specialized treatment for specific demographics. We have designed specialized programs for a number of groups with whom we work closely. We also provide programs dedicated to treating PTSD with concurrent addiction.
We collaborate with case workers to provide the most effective, comprehensive treatment possible.
We always work to improve our specialized services and our 60+ employees are provided with ongoing professional development.
Family Support & Services
All programs include family and couples therapy.
Our Partner Support Therapy (PST) is unique in the field of addiction treatment. While family therapy treats the addicted person alongside their loved ones, PST is focused exclusively on the needs of those close to our clients. PST is offered at no additional cost.
We are the first organization in Canada to provide Virtual Reality Therapy (Cue-Exposure Therapy) for addiction treatment.
Choice of Location
Trafalgar’s clients are offered a choice of location for treatment. Residential programs are offered at our Erin, ON and Port Hope, ON treatment centres. We also offer comprehensive outpatient programs and aftercare services at our midtown Toronto location.
We provide our clients with comprehensive discharge plans once they complete a treatment program.
We provide progress reports to case workers and referring organizations or health professionals.
Comprehensive Aftercare Programming
We offer uniquely comprehensive aftercare programming at no additional cost to the client. Clients who have graduated from our programs are entitled to weekly aftercare sessions on an ongoing basis after treatment.
Our ContinUcare program allows clients to remain connected to our clinical team after treatment through a series of questionnaires that allow them to monitor their recovery progress and ongoing mental health.
With Continuation of Care counselling, we support our clients long after graduation and through the transition back to home life. Clients discuss their progress with our Continuation of Care Program Manager during scheduled, weekly calls for two months after completing their treatment program.