Hi there, thank you for joining me on your wellness journey. This video is a journaling prompts video for boundary setting.
Having healthy boundaries helps define who we are, not just to ourselves, but to others. Having healthy boundaries actually builds trust and accountability so people can count on our word and that will follow through.
Healthy boundaries, protect you from other people who might end up controlling you, disrespecting you and taking advantage of you. It doesn’t mean that you’ll never meet those types of people, but they probably won’t stick around in your life if they know you’re serious about your boundaries.
Healthy boundaries also protect you from burnout. They prevent you from taking on more than you can physically, mentally and emotionally handle.
So let’s dive into some questions you can ask yourself for journaling.
- How are you feeling about your relationships?
- Are there any that bring up feelings of guilt, anger, resentment, helplessness or hopelessness?
- Do you have a hard time saying no?
- How might things look different in your life if you were able to say no?
- Have you been taken advantage of or feel like you’ve been taken advantage of?
- Are you afraid that if you set a boundary, you’ll upset someone or disappoint someone? If yes, what’s the worst that might happen?
- If you set a boundary with someone, are you afraid of being rejected or abandoned?
- What other supports do you have in your life other than this person?
- Where would be the easiest place to start creating and implementing boundaries in your life?
- What are some small specific steps you can take to improve your boundaries?
- How do you think your life will be different once you implement those boundaries?
A lot of questions were asked really fast. Please take some time to reflect and revisit these questions to help you become more self-aware of where you might need to implement some boundaries in your life. Thank you for joining me today.